All photos and content © Joann M. Ringelstetter - Shunpiking to Heaven, LLC
Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary School was opened on October 12, 1892 by the Sisters of Notre Dame. The first classes were taught in the original church building. Later school buildings were built and finished in 1905 and 1957. In October, 2017, the school celebrated its 125th anniversary. The historic Columbus Street Water Tower, built in 1899, is on the left.
2016_08_21_2_47701800's1800s1890's1890s19th centuryArchitectureCatholic schoolCatholic schoolsDane CoDane Co.Dane CountyDane CtyhistoricLandscapeMidwestNational Register of Historic PlacesState Register of Historic PlacesUSUSAWIWisconsincitydawndaybreakfirst lighthistoric placehistoric placeshistoricallimestonenational registeroldold timeparochial schoolparochial schoolsscenesceneryscenesschoolschool houseschool housesschoolhouseschoolhousesschoolsstate registerstonesummersummer timesummertimeurbanwater towerwater towers