All photos and content © Joann M. Ringelstetter - Shunpiking to Heaven, LLC
On the brow of a hill, one-half mile east overlooking Indian Lake, rests a tiny stone chapel. The structure was built in 1857 by John Endres in fulfillment of a religious vow he made in return for protecting the lives of his family during a diphtheria epidemic. Aided by his son Peter, Endres hauled several tons of stone to the hilltop with an ox team.
2019_01_01_2_1336ArchitectureDane CoDane Co.Dane CountyDane CtyLandscapeMidwestUSUSAWIWisconsinbeautifulfencefencesforestforestsgategatesparkparkspeacefulprettyrestfulscenesceneryscenesserenesnowsnowytranquilwinterwintertimewire fencewire fenceswoodlandwoodlandswoods