St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, Antrim County, Michigan
In 1885, Bohemian immigrants founded Saint John Nepomucene Catholic Church, named for the patron saint of Czechoslovakia. The settlers, most of whom emigrated from Prague, named their community Praga. This Gothic Revival church was built as a frame structure in 1890; the steeple and bell were added in 1893. In 1926, the church was clad in fieldstone. The altar and some statues date from 1894. Since its founding, Saint John Church has been served by neighboring priests.