Bradford Tavern, West Union, Ohio
The Bradford Tavern, West Union's first inn built ca. 1804, served the Maysville-Zanesville stagecoach route and such travelers as Andrew Jackson, Henry Clay, and Santa Anna. After 1840, it was continued as the Marlatt House and, later, the Crawford House. Robert Lawler operated it as the Commercial Hotel, 1904-1919. In 1936, Mr. and Mrs. William Lafferty restored the building as the "Olde Wayside Inn."
2013_05_02_2_7225Adams CoAdams Co.Adams CountyAdams CtyArchitectureLandscapeMidwestOHOhioUSUSAbarbarsbrickhistorichistoricalhistorical signhistorical signshotelhotelsoldold timered brickscenesceneryscenessignsignssmall townsmall townstaverntaverns